Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mini Residency Reflection

The past week has been quite the experience; I must say that I highly enjoyed being in the classroom, in charge for full days. It was a very positive experience and I really appreciated the opportunity to go back to full days and teach. Looking back at the past week, I must say that most challenging piece, was time management and trying to fit in all of the lessons in the days that they were originally planned. I realized that the best way for me personally to manage the days activities, is by creating an outline of the days routine and filling the lessons into appropriate time slots. Once I created the outline, I had a visual that was used as a guide for completing the lessons for the week. I enjoyed the feeling of taking charge and I am grateful to find that the children see me as their teacher, because during the week they behaved the same as they normally would for Jean. I was also grateful to have multiple opportunities to reflect on how the lessons went with Jean and discuss what I would have done differently and so on and so forth. Overall, I believe the week went well and I now have a better idea of what life will be like once I take over during January-February.

No comments:

Post a Comment